Russia declared an open and unprovoked war against Ukraine, launching a full-scale multi-pronged invasion in the early hours of February 24, 2022. The Russian Armed Forces are shelling peaceful cities, bringing death and terror to Ukraine and to the whole European continent in an attempt to subjugate Ukraine to Moscow’s imperial rule.
The armed forces of the Russian Federation launched an intensive shelling of all of Ukraine. Confirmed accounts at this hour include missile/bomb strikes at airports across Ukraine, including Kyiv, Lviv, Ternopil, Ozerne, Kulbakino, Chuhuiv, Kramatorsk, Chornobaivka, as well as on military infrastructure of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. At the same time the aggressor started artillery shelling of the areas and settlements along the state border and administrative boundary with temporarily occupied territory of Crimea.
The Ukrainian World Congress calls on the international community to stop Kremlin’s premeditated atrocious war against Ukraine, against Europe and against international rules-based order. We urge all peace-loving nations to act with unity and resolve now and support Ukrainian peoples’ right to statehood and independence.
Specifically, UWC urges allies to
- Immediately enact full sanctions on Russia, including removal from SWIFT
- Immediately provide weapons and military equipment for Ukraine
- Censure Russia from all international organizations, including the UN, Council of Europe and OSCE
- Ban Russian ships from Western ports
- Provide financial and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine
“Ukraine’s Armed Forces and the people of Ukraine are courageously fighting Russian invasion. Ukrainians will resist and the world must stand with Ukraine against the aggressor. Glory to Ukraine. Glory to Her Heroes” – stated Paul Grod, UWC President.
Слава Україні! Героям Слава!
CALL TO ACTION
UWC urges all Ukrainians and friends of Ukraine to
• Immediately write to your respective governments and elected officials calling to stop Russia’s war and support Ukraine
• Host immediate public rallies in support of Ukraine
• Share the truth about Russia’s war against Ukraine with the media in your country
• Boycott all Russian goods and services
This guy could do much more, but… This is all what he is doing… He calls to action, but fails to act on his own.
Ask him this simple question: WILL BE MASSIVE PROTESTS INITIATED BY UKRAINIANS IN FRONT OF RUSSIAN DIPLOMATIC MISSIONS ABROAD?
He could initiate and organize these protests a month ago, but he was very busy with flashmobing…