You may have heard the term ‘Pariah State’ being used about Russia and not completely understood the term. Pariah is an ancient term for a dangerously aggressive wild dog that carries diseases like rabies which are highly transmissible and fatal.
Because the Pariah is infected by it’s own diseases it is deranged and unpredictable. This means you can’t reason with a Pariah and you can’t appease a Pariah.
‘Pariah State’ is a term that has been used to describe countries that violate international humanitarian norms and therefore they are considered to be outcasts by their surrounding countries and beyond.
Dictionaries define a Pariah State as: ‘one which, by virtue of their political system, ideological postures, leadership or general behaviour, experience diplomatic isolation and widespread global moral reproach’.
So, it is time for all truly democratic nations to:
1. Expel all Russian ‘diplomats’ from their countries. Come on, they are not interested in diplomacy. You can’t reason or negotiate with a Pariah. You can’t appease a Pariah.
2. Give the defunct Russian embassies to Ukrainian refugees for them to live in. When they eventually return to Ukraine, they can sell the property to set-up their new lives back in their homeland.
3. Make Ukraine a member of NATO in the next three months.
4. Help the Ukrainian people re-build Ukraine with the estimated $1.2 trillion seized from Russian oligarchs and Putin’s cronies.
5. Cease all trade with Russia until it has experienced a revolution that brings about genuine and stable democracy.
6. Expel Russia from the UN until it has experienced a revolution that brings about genuine and stable democracy.
7. Deal with Belarus as collaborators. In wartime, collaborators are judged to be as culpable as the hands-on perpetrators.
No sane person would sit in a room with a Pariah, so why should our diplomats have to sit down with Russia? Did I mention that you can’t reason with a Pariah and you can’t appease a Pariah? (can anyone get this message to Macron?).
* * *
Did you add your signature to the Appeal?
To add your signature, send e-mail to email@example.com with your full name, indicate your occupation and position, as well as the city, state (region) and country of residence.